Friday 30 November 2012

Watch out for Piranhas

A show for Inspiration


While cleaning up my drive, I discovered I had this  shot from my days at Cuppa Coffee Studios. This was the show that opened my eyes to what is possible today in the world of Stop motion. As I have mentioned in an earlier post, I was hired to create 3D VFX and do some compositing for this show. In this shot I created the blood FX with Maya's Fluid dynamics. I also adding in the cigar smoke. That was a simple After ffects comp with some stock footage. The Blood got a lot of laughs from the directors. Made my day.
This was one of the more enjoyable shots to work on. I have done literately hundreds of VFX shots in my career, not all of them where a pleasurable experience. This one was.

I met a lot of very creative people there, plus a couple of very cool dogs, yes, dogs. It was a dog friendly work place. Lots of friendly 4 legged dudes running around. Made for a fun work day.

No comments:

Post a Comment